Bryce R. Beard
Bryce joined HMS as an Associate in August 2018. Bryce works with other HMS attorneys who are well established in energy litigation in Pennsylvania. Bryce focuses his work in administrative litigation and appeals before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission as well as Pennsylvania’s Courts of Common Pleas and the Commonwealth Court. Bryce is an integral part of HMS’s litigation and appellate practice.
Prior to joining HMS, Bryce gained extensive experience with the Pennsylvania Office of General Counsel where he was a certified legal intern with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, Southcentral Regional Office and a legal intern with Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, Bureau of Regulatory Counsel. Additionally, Bryce was a legal intern with the United States Department of Agriculture, Office of General Counsel in Harrisburg and a scientific and technical intern with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, Bureau of Safe Drinking Water.
- Represented DEP in Commonwealth Court, DEP v. Hershey Conewago Recreaground, LLC
- Bowman Inn of Court
Honors and Distinctions
- The Order of Barristers
- Dickinson Law 2018 National Trial Team
- Dickinson Law Moot Court Board
- Certified Legal Intern, PA DEP Southcentral Region, 2017-2018
- Legal Intern, PA DEP Regulatory Counsel, 2016-2017
- Legal Intern, USDA General Counsel, 2016
- Scientific and Technical Intern, PA DEP, 2015
- J.D. The Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, 2018
- M.S. Interdisciplinary Science, Florida Institute of Technology, 2015
- B.S. Environmental Science, cum laude, Florida Institute of Technology, 2014