Christopher J. Knight
Chris has twenty years of legal experience including serving for nearly a decade in the Pennsylvania Governor’s Office of General Counsel before joining this firm in 2011. His practice is now focused on the representation of businesses in regulated industries in Pennsylvania, including in licensing, government compliance, business and contractual matters, as well as litigation before government agencies and in civil courts.
Chris is able to use his substantial experience as a former government attorney, and as a private attorney, to provide counsel and advocacy on behalf of the firm’s business clients to guide them in navigating complex regulatory and compliance affairs in Pennsylvania and to defend them from government enforcement actions. He also has a long history of successfully representing clients in litigated matters resolved through jury trials, administrative hearings and appellate court cases in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He previously served for two years as lead counsel for Pennsylvania’s medical professional liability coverage fund (MCARE) as well, and spent the early part of his legal career as a private civil trial attorney, serving as lead counsel for clients in hundreds of civil court cases.
Chris is a frequent lecturer regarding regulatory, compliance and insurance issues in Pennsylvania and has served repeatedly as guest faculty for Widener University School of Law’s trial advocacy program. He is an active member of the Pa. Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (PAMIC), serving for many years on its Government Affairs Committee, more recently as Chair and founding member of the Market Regulation Committee and is also a member of the Association of Insurance Compliance Professionals.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Pa. Assoc. of Mutual Ins. Cos. (PAMIC) - Chair, Market Regulation Committee, Government Affairs Committee
- Association of Insurance Compliance Professionals
- Polyclinic Medical Center v. MCARE Fund, 13 A.3d 561 (Pa. Cmwlth. 2011)
- Advocacy before Pennsylvania government agencies regarding licensing and compliance
- Corporate document drafting for insurance companies and other businesses
- Contract drafting, interpretation and advocacy
- Commercial litigation and administrative (government) litigation
- Defense of businesses from government enforcement prosecutions and examinations