Melissa A. Chapaska
Melissa joined Hawke McKeon & Sniscak LLP as an Associate in February 2015. Melissa represents clients in various energy sectors including petroleum, natural gas, and electricity. Melissa works closely with fellow firm attorneys who are well established in energy litigation in Pennsylvania.
Prior to working at HMS, Melissa participated with the Harrisburg Civil Law Clinic as a Certified Legal Intern and Clinic Leader. Melissa also interned with the United States Department of Justice, Executive Office for Immigration Review and the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry where she was involved with researching and analyzing complex administrative and regulatory legal issues.
- Represents Attorney General before FERC and the Ninth Circuit
- Represents petroleum company before the District of New Jersey Bankruptcy Court
- Represents clients in Pennsylvania civil courts
- Represents clients in New Jersey civil courts
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- University of Pittsburgh Alumni Association
- James S. Bowman American Inn of Court
Honors and Distinctions
- Administrative/Constitutional Law Certificate with Honors, 2014
- Outstanding Law & Government Student Award, 2014
- Public Interest Initiative, Pro Bono Distinction, 2014
- The Immigration Gamble: Eliminating the Diversity Visa Program, 5 WIDENER J.L., ECON. & RACE 67 (2014).
- Pennsylvania creates ideal market for investors, MARIJUANA VENTURE, October 2016, at 144.
- Congressional spending and what it means for marijuana, MARIJUANA VENTURE, November 2016, 210-214.
- Legal Intern, Governor’s Office of General Counsel Summer Externship Program, PA Department of Labor & Industry, Labor Law Compliance, 2013
- Legal Intern, United States Department of Justice, Executive Office for Immigration Review, 2013
- Energypath 2017, "Marijuana Grower Energy Use: Looming Issues in Pennsylvania" (July 27, 2017).
- Lancaster Bar Association, "Planting the Seed: Legalities & Realities of Medical Marijuana in Pennsylvania" (June 13, 2017).
- Cannabis Expertise, Pennsylvania Medical Cannabis Certification Course (2017).