Julia A. Conover
Julie has over twenty-five years of experience in the areas of telecommunications and public utility regulation. For more than ten years, Julie was Vice President and General Counsel for Verizon Pennsylvania (formerly Bell Atlantic Pennsylvania), responsible for all Pennsylvania regulatory matters, including all proceedings before the Pa. PUC, appeals to state and federal courts, and initiatives before the Pennsylvania Legislature. Prior to that time, Julie was Regulatory Counsel for Bell Atlantic, responsible for rate cases and other major regulatory proceedings.
During her tenure with Verizon and Bell Atlantic, Julie was lead counsel in numerous complex rate and regulatory proceedings before the Pa. PUC, from merger approvals to implementation of the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
Julie is currently an Adjunct Professor of Law at The Villanova University School of Law where she teaches Telecommunications Law and Policy.
- Lead counsel in all proceedings before the Pa. PUC and the FCC to obtain authorization for Verizon to offer long distance service in Pennsylvania, culminating in extensive en banc hearings before the Pa. PUC.
- Lead counsel for Bell Atlantic in the proceedings to obtain Pa. PUC approval of the 2000 merger of Bell Atlantic and GTE (merger forming Verizon).
- Lead counsel in litigating Bell Atlantic's Pennsylvania regulatory reform plan, including arguing before and obtaining a favorable ruling from the Pennsylvania Supreme Court in Popowsky v. Pa. PUC, 550 Pa. 449 (1997).
- Lead attorney in the last Bell Atlantic Pennsylvania general rate case proceeding.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Daniel H. Huyett, III, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1977-79
- Pepper Hamilton & Scheetz, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, litigation associate, 1979-82
- Pennsylvania Bar Association