Mariah joined HMS as a Junior Associate in August 2019. She works closely with other HMS attorneys who are well established in administrative law, commercial law, and appellate advocacy. Mariah focuses her work in assisting companies with their licensing and litigation in highly regulated industries, transactions, and appeals.
Prior to working at HMS, Mariah interned for Pennsylvania Senator Art Haywood under his legislative director. She was also a legal intern in the Pennsylvania’s Public Utility Commission (“PUC”) Bureau of Investigation and Enforcement, Rates Division.
- Assisted companies with New Jersey permit applications for medical marijuana treatment centers
- Drafted contracts, leases, sales, and asset purchase agreements
- Assist the firm’s appellate practice with timely analysis of allocator grants and client appeals
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors and Distinctions
- The Order of Barristers
- Outstanding Clinical Advocacy Award
- Dean Anthony J. Santoro Outstanding Service Award
- Fourth Senatorial District Certificate of Honor for Outstanding Service and Scholarship
- Widener University Commonwealth Law Moot Court Board
- Legal Intern, PA Senator Art Haywood, 2019
- Legal Intern, PA PUC, BI&E, Rates, 2018