Thomas J. Sniscak
Tom has been a partner with the firm since 1989 and spent much of his career representing a wide array of clients in virtually every type of rate, certificate, service, financing, and merger and acquisition proceeding before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (Pa. PUC). His experience includes representing major natural gas, electric, telecommunications and municipal and private water and sewer suppliers in negotiating purchase power, gas or bulk sales agreements, and in litigation in rate, service, franchise proceedings and disputes regarding purchase or bulk sales agreements. He also represents large institutional and municipal customers in those areas, including Purchase Power Agreements, Negotiated Contract Service, and Flex Pricing Arrangements for natural gas, electric, water and sewer.
He recently has been lead counsel for applicants in two recent successful and precedent setting contested proceedings before the Pa. PUC that were an outgrowth of Marcellus Shale development activities: (1) Application of Laser to become a certificated midstream pipeline; and, (2) Application of Leatherstocking Gas Company, LLC, which is now the first new Natural Gas Distribution Company in Pennsylvania in 40 years.
Tom is frequently a speaker at continuing legal education and association conferences on rate, service, and Marcellus Shale issues including the recent annual Pennsylvania Municipal Electric Association meeting and as a speaker at the national Gas and Energy Conference hosted by the University of Texas Law School and the Texas Energy Bar on Pennsylvania Marcellus Shale pipeline issues. He is a member of the Pennsylvania Municipalities Association, and the PA Bar Public Utility and Environmental Law sections.
- Erie City Water Authority, Erie County, arbitration proceeding regarding bulk sales disputes with Township Authorities.
- Leatherstocking Gas Company LLC, won contested initial application proceeding, initial tariff and rate structure and design proceedings (2012-13).
- Township of Newton, Bucks County, rate, prudency, economics, bulk sales agreements, and well project contested matter.
- Columbia Water Company, General Rate increase proceeding 2013; Acquisition of Marietta Gravity Water Company and related PUC proceeding (Fall 2012).
- Borough of Quakertown, rate increase, rate structure and design case before PUC (Fall of 2012).
- Penn State, Purchase Power Gas and Electric Contracts; Hydro Purchase Power Agreement; Columbia Natural Gas, Peoples Natural Gas, West Penn Power rate proceedings on rate structure and rate design issues (2012-13).
- Bucks County Water & Sewer Authority, bulk sales contracts litigation. (2011-12).
- Law Clerk to the late Honorable Genevieve Blatt, Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania, 1981-1983
- Trial Counsel, Rates and Fixed Utility Section, Law Bureau, Pa. PUC, 1983-1985
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association