Todd S. Stewart
Todd’s practice is focused on those who generate, sell, and deliver, and purchase energy, including producers of renewable energy, competitive retail suppliers of electricity and natural gas, infrastructure providers and the transmission and distribution utilities that ultimately deliver the energy to consumers. Todd represents client before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (Pa. PUC), the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and other state and federal agencies. Todd also represents these same clients before the Pennsylvania General Assembly as a registered lobbyist, and represents The Retail Energy Supply Association, known as RESA, in natural gas competition related matters before the PUC.
Todd provides advice and representation on a wide range of matters including utility rate proceedings, generic and rulemaking proceedings, and enforcement/complaint actions. He represents energy clients such as independent power companies and power marketers before the FERC in matters such as project sales and acquisitions, electricity quarterly report filings, annual interlocking directorate report filings, and tariff revisions.
Todd also represents telecommunications – landline and cellular – providers in a wide array of matters before the Pa. PUC, including rulemakings proceedings, enforcement and complaint actions, as well as matters involving issues such as high speed data tariffs, utility plant, and pole attachments.
- Successfully representing an Eastern Pa. refinery in a pipeline application proceeding that would have resulted in an abandonment of service to the refinery.
- Representing a coalition of Suppliers in the latest default service filings of all Large Electric Utilities.
- Representing RESA in the recent tariff collaboratives of two major natural gas distribution companies.
- Representing a coalition of natural gas suppliers in the Pa PUC’s ongoing Natural Gas rulemaking proceedings
- Ongoing representation of electric generation suppliers and natural gas suppliers in legislative matters at the General Assembly.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Lancaster Bar Association
- Linden Hall School for Girls, Trustee (2009-present)
- LutherCare, Board Member (2007-2009, 2018-present)