Todd S. Stewart
Todd's practice focuses on administrative law - advising and representing businesses and individuals that are impacted by government regulation at all levels. Todd represents renewable energy project developers, and competitive energy suppliers in all aspects of the regulatory process, including application and licensing, grant applications, utility rate proceedings, enforcement and complaint actions and rulemaking proceedings. Todd also assists electric grid resource providers, such as battery storage and ancillary service providers with interconnection negotiation and related matters, and also represents infrastructure providers and those engaged in the transmission and distribution of energy.
In the communications area, Todd represents telecommunications providers, both landline and cellular – in a wide array of matters before the Pa. PUC, including rulemakings proceedings, enforcement and complaint actions and issues such as rural broadband deployment, high-speed data tariffs, utility plant, and pole attachment litigation.
Todd represents clients before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (Pa. PUC), the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and other state and federal agencies. Todd also represents clients before the Pennsylvania General Assembly as a registered lobbyist.
- Representing a coalition of Electric Generation Suppliers in a complaint case seeking access to a large electric utility's consolidated bill, and arguing the appeal before the Commonwealth Court sitting en banc.
- Successfully represented a coalition of Natural Gas Suppliers in an action against a distribution utility seeking equitable access to billing services.
- Successfully petitioned the PUC on behalf of Alleghenies Broadband, Inc. for relief from the right of first refusal provision of Chapter 30 of the Public Utility Code.
- Successfully represented an Eastern Pa. refinery in a pipeline application proceeding that would have resulted in an abandonment of service to the refinery.
- Providing advice and due diligence for 400-acre solar project.
- Provided advice for a solar energy project seeking interconnection during the PJM interconnection moratorium.
- Representing the Retail Energy Supply Association in ongoing Rulemaking on Cybersecurity issues.
- Representing a coalition of natural gas suppliers in the Pa PUC’s ongoing Natural Gas rulemaking proceedings.
- Ongoing representation of electric generation suppliers and natural gas suppliers in legislative matters at the General Assembly.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Public Utility Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Lancaster Bar Association
- Denver Borough Council, Councilman (2014-present)
- LutherCare, Chairman of the Board (2019-present) Member of the Board, 2007-2009, 2018-2019)
- Ephrata Community Health Foundation Member of the Board (2021-present)