Todd S. Stewart
Todd's practice is focused on administrative law - advising and representing businesses and individuals that are impacted by government regulation at all levels. Todd represents renewable energy developers, and competitive energy suppliers in all aspects of the regulatory process, including application and licensing proceedings, utility rate proceedings, enforcement/complaint actions and rulemaking proceedings. Todd also represents infrastructure providers and those engaged in the transmission and distribution of energy. Todd also represents electric grid resource providers, such as battery storage and ancillary service providers with interconnection negotiation and related matters.
In the communications area, Todd represents telecommunications providers, both landline and cellular – in a wide array of matters before the Pa. PUC, including rulemakings proceedings, enforcement and complaint actions and matters involving issues such as rural broad band deployment, high-speed data tariffs, utility plant, and pole attachment litigation.
Todd represents clients before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (Pa. PUC), the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and other state and federal agencies. Todd also represents clients before the Pennsylvania General Assembly as a registered lobbyist.
- Representing a coalition of Electric Generation Suppliers in a complaint case seeking access to a large electric utility's consolidated bill.
- Successfully represented a coalition of Natural Gas Suppliers in an action against a distribution utility seeking equitable access to billing services.
- Successfully petitioned the PUC on behalf of Alleghenies Broadband, Inc. for relief from the right of first refusal provision of Chapter 30 of the Public Utility Code.
- Successfully represented an Eastern Pa. refinery in a pipeline application proceeding that would have resulted in an abandonment of service to the refinery.
- Provided advice and due diligence for 400-acre solar project.
- Represented a coalition of Suppliers in the default service filings of all Large Electric Utilities.
- Represented Retail Energy Supply Association in the recent tariff collaboratives of two major natural gas distribution companies.
- Representing a coalition of natural gas suppliers in the Pa PUC’s ongoing Natural Gas rulemaking proceedings.
- Ongoing representation of electric generation suppliers and natural gas suppliers in legislative matters at the General Assembly.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Public Utility Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Lancaster Bar Association
- Denver Borough Council, Councilman (2014-present)
- Linden Hall School for Girls, Trustee (2009-2019)
- LutherCare, Chairman of the Board (2019-2021) Member of the Board, 2007-2009, 2018-2019)