Whitney joined HMS as an Associate in August 2013. Whitney focuses her practice on administrative litigation in the pipeline safety, natural gas, electricity and municipal and private water sectors, practicing predominantly before the PA PUC and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Whitney assists clients with compliance and litigation involving PA PUC Act 127 Pipeline Safety matters and application of PHMSA regulations.
Whitney also practices in the areas of appellate litigation and oil and gas litigation. She regularly contributes to the Pennsylvania Appellate Advocate blog.
Prior to working at HMS, Whitney interned at the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. Whitney also interned as a Law Clerk in the PUC's Law Bureau where she conducted legal research and drafted advisory memos and orders for the PUC.
Whitney is currently the Chair of the Public Utility Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
- Energy Transfer Partners and Sunoco Pipeline L.P. Present PA counsel in PA PUC matters involving service, facilities extension and construction litigation and regulatory compliance matters. (2017-present)
- Pike County Light & Power Company. Buyer Corning Natural Gas Holding Company’s counsel in stock acquisition of electric and gas utilities and present PA counsel for electric and gas utility. (2016-present)
- Columbia Water Company, Present counsel in PA PUC matters.
- Penn State, Power Purchase Gas and Electric Agreements; utility siting and agreements or advice for extensions of water, sewer, electric and gas utility facilities; Hydro Power Purchase Agreements; Solar transactions; Columbia Natural Gas and West Penn Power rate or energy proceedings on rate structure and rate design issues, natural gas transportation service, Default service proceedings; 1307(f) gas supply and access proceedings; Alternative Regulation proceedings; rulemakings. (2017-present)
- Leatherstocking Gas Company LLC. Present counsel before PA PUC.
- Herman Oil and Gas and Reimer Natural Gas. Lead counsel for natural gas utility.
- Merger and Acquisition Matters before the PA PUC
- Counsel in PA PUC matters, to Audubon Water Company, Emporium Water Company, Utilities Inc./Community Utilities of PA Inc., Appalachian Utilities, Inc. before PA PUC and PennVest loans. (Present)
- Attorney General in electricity Complaint proceedings before FERC and Ninth Circuit
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Energy Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Bowman Inn of Court
- Dauphin County Lawyers for the Arts
- Women’s Council on Energy & the Environment (WCEE)
Honors and Distinctions
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2019-2022
- Legal Intelligencer, Lawyers on the Fast Track Award, 2019
- Former Chair, Public Utility Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence 2012-13
- Intern Clerk to the Honorable J. Michael Eakin, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 2013
- Law Clerk, Pa P.U.C., Law Bureau, 2012
- Energypath 2017, "Marijuana Grower Energy Use: Looming Issues in Pennsylvania" (July 27, 2017).
- Lancaster Bar Association, "Planting the Seed: Legalities & Realities of Medical Marijuana in Pennsylvania" (June 13, 2017).